Thursday, August 2, 2012

Joan Jett's Tattoos and the meaning behind them.

I decided to do research on her tattoos and why she got them. I hope to be part of a friend's website she is building with her partner on a section that they have selected for me. Let me tell you the ideas keep coming too lol. Anyway I decided to share with you all on the origin of her tattoos and why she chose to get them. She has seven but may have alot more that people don't know about. I will start with the very first one she got.

1:  This is the one she got when she was sixteen and of a fighter jet driving into a jungle. She thought that since it was her name it was fitting to get it and is located on her hip.

2: this tattoo she got a symbol to represent the divinity of herself and others.

3. Her tattoo seen here is representation of her creative extension of life in a swirl of positive and negative forces.

4. Although not really sure why she chose this for herself but it means divine sound and it's secret of the universe and existence of the entire universe. It is called an ohm symbol.


5. This tattoo is called a labrys and it actually a double headed Greek sword but however it represents lesbian and femininest strength and self sufficiency.





6. She has a Greek tattoo on her ankle that means victory and progress however I could not find of picture of it.




7: The one on her forearm is a Celtic tattoo ( I know you can barely see but it is the only picture I have of it). It is a spiral with rays radiating off. The first and third rays in the symbol represents male and female energy (respectably) It can also represent eternal energy radiating outward or inward depending on the perspective. It also symbolizes growth, birth, and expression.

Ok there you have it all of her seven tattoos and what they mean.

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING ALL OF THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing :) keep rocking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tattoo on her bicep looks similar to a uterus and shes a feminist. Coincidence ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought she had 4, my bad. I think that's are very personal & private. As mine are. I have 6. Joan is awesome & has come a long way, on her own terms. She is awesome.

    ReplyDelete